LYRIC FEATURES & FAQs
What Can Lyric give you?
- 24/7 Hearing- worn day and night for months at a time
- Invisible- due to deep canal positioning
- Hassle Free- no battery changing, cleaning, daily insertion or removal
- Exceptional Sound Quality-due to natural positioning
- Tinnitus- relief for many sufferers of tinnitus 24 hours a day
- Wear for daily activities- worn exercising and showering
- Specialist fitting- you don’t need to do anything
- Latest Technology- every time the device is replaced
Who can wear Lyric?
Approximately 50% of people with hearing loss can wear Lyric. It is suitable for mild to moderate hearing losses.
The medical exclusion criteria include chronic otitis media, abnormalities in the ear canal or regular medical examinations that require an MRI scan.
Lyric is not a suitable hearing aid for customers who regularly go diving or skydiving.
Is it painful to insert and wear Lyric?
No. The Lyric fitting process is quick and painless for the patient.
You may experience an awareness of the device for a little while as you are getting used to the sensation of Lyric in your ear.
Does Lyric require surgery?
No. The Lyric fitting process is quick and completely painless for the patient.
After the ear canal has been inspected with a microscope, our audiologist measures the dimensions of your ear to ensure perfect placement.
How long does the battery last?
It lasts up to 120 days, each time a device is replaced, you will be fitted with a brand-new Lyric of the latest technology.
Can I go swimming while wearing Lyric?
Yes, you can, as long as you are wearing individually customised earplugs.
Can I operate my Lyric?
Yes. You will receive a remote control (with integrated removal tool) with your Lyric which enables you to switch the device on and off, adjust the volume and remove the device yourself.
What happens if the device is removed?
Lyric cannot be re-used once it has been removed. A new device must be re-inserted by an authorised Lyric Hearing Care Professional.
What happens if I need an MRI scan?
If you require an MRI scan, your Lyric will have to be removed before the procedure.